Welkom op de weblog van .... M S D I R K D E G R O O T....


woensdag 5 december 2007

Iets om bij stil te staan op 5 december


Join the club

Just a line to say I’m living
That I’m not amongst the dead
Though I’m getting more forgetful
And mixed up in my head.

I’ve got used to my arthritis
To my dentures I’m resigned
I can cope with my bi-focals
But Oh Gosh I miss my mind

Sometimes I can’t remember
When I’m standing on the stair
Am I going up for something
Or just coming down from there

Before my ‘fridge so often
My mind is full of doubt
Now did I put some food away
Or wish to take it out?

If it’s not my turn to write Dear
I hope you won’t feel sore
I say, I think I’ve written
But don’t want to be a bore.

So remember I do love you
And wished that you lived near
And now it’s time to post this
And say goodbye my dear.

Now I stand before the post box
and my face is really red
Instead of posting this to you
I’ve opened it instead



Geen opmerkingen: